Greek Yogurt, Strawberry & Chocolate Truffle Pots
Serves: 2 - 4
To make the Strawberry Coulis:
1. Mix 1 tsp of lemon juice with 1 tsp of caster sugar, until the sugar has dissolved. Take a slice from the middle of the best strawberries for each serving. Coat the strawberry slices with the lemon and sugar mixture to prevent discolouring and set to one side.
2. Chop up the rest of the strawberries and place in a small saucepan, add the rest of the lemon juice and caster sugar and stir in well. Place the saucepan over a low heat and leave until the strawberries have broken down. Remove from the heat and pass the strawberries through a sieve into a bowl. Put the bowl of strawberry coulis into a fridge to cool.
To make the Chocolate Pots:
1. Chop the chocolate up into very small pieces, this will help it melt to an even consistency, and place in a thick bowl. Heat the cream in a thick bottomed saucepan, over a gentle heat until it just reaches boiling.
2. Then add about a quarter of the cream to the chocolate and start stirring to help it melt, slowly add the rest of the cream until the chocolate has completely melted.
If you are having problems melting the chocolate, place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
3. Once the chocolate has melted and you have an even consistency place the bowl in the fridge. Take your Rachel’s Organic Greek style Natural yogurt and fill a small coffee cup for each serving to about 2/3rds full, you could also use any type of small bowl. Remove the chocolate and strawberry coulis from the fridge. Spoon out a layer of the strawberry coulis over the greek style yogurt, then top off with a layer of the chocolate.
4. Finish off by placing the strawberry slice on top, and it’s ready to serve.
Rachel’s Organic Greek style Natural yogurt
100ml double cream
100g dark chocolate (at least 70% Cocoa Solids)
1 punnet strawberries
2 tbsp caster Sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon