Hot Cross Bun Pudding
Preparation time: 15 minutes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/Gas 3 and grease a 1 litre ovenproof dish.
2. Cut the hot cross buns in half and spread with butter both sides. Arrange the buns in an ovenproof dish layering the cross sides face up on top.
3. In a small pan add the cream and milk and heat until just warm.
4. In a small bowl add the eggs and egg yolk, pour over the heated cream and milk and whisk thoroughly. Add the yogurt, whisk again.
5. Pour the mixture over the buns a little at a time, ensuring it has time to soak in.
6. Sprinkle the pudding with demerara sugar and place on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for approx 30 minutes the resulting pudding should be puffed up, set and golden brown.
Hints and tips
Try serving with lashings of custard or cream.
4 hot cross buns
15g Rachel’s unsalted butter
320ml double cream
100ml Rachel’s whole milk
2 eggs & 1 egg yolk
100g Rachel’s Organic Natural yogurt
1 tsp demerara sugar